Apres Ski (post workout) Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga (30 Min)
47 Reasons Why Yoga Pants Will Literally NEVER Be A Bad Idea For Women
Over the weekend,The New York Timespublished a controversial op-edtitled: “Why Yoga Pants Are Bad for Women.”
The article basically questioned why women need to wear yoga pants at all, arguing that sweatpants are way better. Among other things, the writer claims that they’re too tight, the style implies that women need to try to look sexy at the gym, and they’re uncomfortable. (Yes, really.)
Let's make one thing clear: Yoga pants are freaking awesome. In fact, we can think of a million reasons why yoga pants kick serious booty—but we’ll just settle for sharing 47:
- They’re comfortable AF.
- Throw a cute sweater on top and—boom!—you’ve got something that looks good outside the gym, too.
- Sweatpants can get tangled in workout equipment.
- Yoga pants actually wick sweat efficiently (unlike sweatpants), so you won't be a soggy mess by the end of your run.
- They feel like you’re wearing nothing at all. (BTW: Here are 8 pairs of underwear that won't show through your yoga pants.)
As someone who has practiced yoga for years, it’s unbelievable that you think we wear yoga pants because they’re “sexy?!” We wear them because they allow us to maneuver in ways other clothing doesn’t. Alternatively, seeing if you aren’t in the proper position is just as important https://t.co/cy70QBWnrF— kimmie caruba (@kimmiecaruba) February 18, 2019
- You can wear them to yoga.
- You can wear them to Pilates.
- You can wear them to lift.
- You can wear them to bike.
- You can wear them to run.
- You can wear them to lie on the couch and eat ice cream.
Yoga pants, skin care, makeup, wine, romance novels, fashion -- if it's *culturally coded* as something that brings relaxation and pleasure to women, somebody is out there writing about how it's secretly insidious. Keep the pleasure, eff the guilt.— Linda Holmes (@lindaholmes) February 18, 2019
- They double as PJs. Also:
I don’t “do” yoga as so much as I “wear” yoga pants to bed and then wash them so I can wear them once again to bed.— Paula Pell (@perlapell) February 20, 2019
- They take up pretty much zero space in your drawer.
- They come in all sorts of pretty colors and designs.
- You can totally wear the same pair twice in one week and no one will notice or care.
- They make you actually want to work out (you're already wearing the right clothes, so might as well...).
- They’re pretty much universally flattering.
- They totally double as leggings.
- You can wear them with pretty much any kind of shoes and pull it off.
- You don’t have to blow a load of cash to own them.
- They give you a butt. (No, seriously. These yoga pants actually give you a booty.)
- Perfect. Travel. Pants.
- There’s no button on them, making them clutch attire for big meals.
- They look ah-mazing under boots.
- They allow you to do those impressive yoga moves you’re planning to actually do one day.
- You can grab a pair (or three) at a store without even trying them on.
- They give you legs for days.
- They come in pretty much every style known to (wo)man: long, short, capri, fold-over, ankle-zip… .
- You look (and feel) like an athlete in them, even if you aren’t going to the gym. (Hey, it’s the thought that counts.)
- They never get wrinkly.
- They hug you close but give you space and let you breathe when you need it. Basically, they’re the clothing equivalent of a BFF.
- They make you feel like Britney Spears even when you're panting and sweating your ass off.
- They’ll ride or die as long as you do.
- You can totally pull them off at work.
- They’re crazy-soft.
- They’re easy to whip off when you’re in a rush.
Has anyone written about the fact that leggings and yoga pants are important because they don’t *hurt* to wear? Like, congrats if your jeans don’t leave red marks on you by the end of the day, but I’ve never known that life.— Jaime Green 🦉 (@jaimealyse) February 18, 2019
- We’re wearing them right now.
- Owning workout gear you actuallywantto wear is the bomb.
- You’ve had the same pair since high school and they still look great.
- You will never, ever run out of new yoga pants options.
- Women effing love them. Good luck getting us to change our minds.
Video: Breaking News - Tomi Lahren is mocked for putting a firearm in her exercise pants
Demi Lovato Shared a Photo Celebrating Her Thick Thighs and the Internet Is Here for It
How to Treat Minor Leg Pain
7 Tiny Natural Changes That Healed My Acne
The ludicrous side of a life with chronic pain
We asked an expert all the questions you have about masturbation
11 Fascinating Facts About October Babies
Stress Ball in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
Taking Medication: Special Concerns in Older Adults
Add Athletic Accessories
Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty to duet together