Brown Rice Mushroom Pilaf
Mar 9, 2019
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 15
reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. pecans
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
large onion, halved and thinly sliced
cloves garlic, minced
10 oz. fresh d-fortified mushrooms, quartered
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 c. short- or long-grain brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the broth and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Set aside.
- Toast the pecans in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Tip onto a plate.
- In a large ovenproof saucepan or casserole with a lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring often, for about 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, thyme, and salt (the pan will seem dry). Cover and cook, stirring often, for about 6 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the rice and pecans.
- Add the reserved broth mixture and bring it to a boil. Cover the saucepan or casserole and transfer it to the oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving.
Video: Meal Prep Side Dish - Mushroom Brown Rice Pilaf Recipe - Using A Pressure Cooker
Mexican-Style Grilled Corn with Cotija Cheese and Lime Zest
Afrezza 4 Unit (30)- 8 Unit (60)
How to Stop Spots
How Prince George And Princess Charlotte Have Spent The Summer Holidays
21 Easy Hairstyles Any Woman Can Do
The Best Makeup for FairSkin
Pasta e Fagioli with Sausage
Limited Divorce: What You Need to Know
How to lose weight with honey and cinnamon
How to Clean Japanese Lacquerware
Date: 07.12.2018, 16:02 / Views: 85531