Kindness and Courtesy
How to Practice Courtesy and Kindness
Hold open doors for people.It may seem small, but it doesn't take a lot of time or effort, and someone holding open a door with a smile can make someone's day. Helping or just being courteous to other people can make you feel good about yourself.
In traffic, just keep reminding yourself that the person who just cut you off was probably having a bad day.Let others in front of you when there is a back up. Move up a little so the soccer mom ten cars back can get into the proper lane to make her turn and get the kids to soccer practice on time for a change.
Be kind to the elderly.Give up your seat on the train or bus or any other transport. Of course, if you are eight months pregnant and need to sit, keep the seat. But if you think someone else needs it more than you, let them have the seat. You will feel good about it and you will make the person who you were generous to feel happy.
Be generous.If someone is missing a few cents for their purchase in a store, give it to them.
Give money to homeless people, but not directly, as this could cause problems for you and more importantly, for them.Give generously to organizations which feed the homeless.
Offer to be friends to people you have known for even a short time or who you know are going through a tough time.They need to know you care (especially if you are the only one who does).
Kindness begins at home.Obey your parents if you are a kid, and do your chores and homework. If you are all grown up, call your parents once in a while.
Remember you have a responsibility to society as well.Apart from our own needs and satisfaction, one needs to offer a helping hand to the immediate society as well. This can be done in small ways, yet in significant ways. Offering a neighbor to switch on the lights, or to feed their pet when they are away are examples of gestures that reciprocate kindness.
Show kindness and responsible behavior to the environment.Attempt to protect the planet by contributing to the upkeep of public parks, gardens that fall outside the realms of your property etc. By helping an elderly or sick person to tend their gardens or even plant a tree shows goodwill and selflessness.
QuestionWhat are some examples of little things I can do to show courtesy to my neighbor?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can say good morning when you see them. You can also shovel snow or rake leaves off their lawn or driveway when you're doing yours.Thanks!
QuestionIf I greet an elderly person and the person does not respond, what should I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you greet an elderly person and they do not respond, it could be because they didn't hear you.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I formally call a female?wikiHow ContributorCommunity Answer"Miss" or "Ma'am" for older women.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- The world gets changed a step at a time. People, after they have been affected by the courtesy of strangers, will begin to do the same for others. Eventually politeness will become more common in the world.
- Be nice always even with those that are not really nice with you, it will help a lot. First try to help them with their problems.
- Smile often. It improves your appearance and you will feel good.
- Give small gifts to those you love, but you don't have to go overboard.
- In a marriage, give 70 percent. If your spouse does the same, you will really be in good shape.
- Tolerate others when they are not doing anything to hurt you or others. Wouldn't you want the same?
- Being kind does not mean being a doormat. Don't let people take advantage of you.
- Men: Be careful, because it is possible that women will mistake kindness for creepiness or think you are hitting on them, even if you are doing nothing of the sort.
Video: Proper Football Etiquette: Please & Thank You Goes a Long Way | NFL Films Presents
Eamonn Holmes’ mum makes first ever TV appearance – and reveals a lot about her presenter son
Maple-Glazed Roasted Sweet Potatoes
I Tried To Have Morning Sex Every Day For A Week, And Heres What Happened
18 Fashionable Blue Outfits for Summer
Whats Your Metabolism Type
The Best Workouts for Your Body Type
Setting Boundaries with Your Lesbian Daughter - How to Set Boundaries with Teen
How to Become a Vegan
Insanely Expensive Accessories
Date: 13.12.2018, 06:50 / Views: 61453