10 Vitamin E Oil Uses 😍
How to Use Vitamin E Oil for Hair
Vitamin E is a naturally occurring vitamin with antioxidant properties.It is secreted onto the surface of the skin and functions to promote healthy skin and hair. It is normally a part of sebum, the natural oil that is secreted by glandular cells in the skin. Vitamin E may provide a number of benefits to the skin including removing damaging substances from the skin and scalp, absorbing UV radiation from the sun and preventing sunburn, promoting healthy hair growth, slowing down hair loss, and reducing greying hair.You can use vitamin E oil in place of your normal conditioner, use it to give yourself a deep conditioning treatment, or just apply it to split ends.
Preparing to Use Vitamin E Oil
Choose a natural form of vitamin E oil.Your body can more easily absorb and utilize natural forms of vitamin E. The synthetic version of vitamin E is called tocopherol acetate. This form may react with some beauty products, so it is best to choose a natural form of vitamin E oil, which you can find in a health food store, the vitamin aisle of a well-stocked grocery store, or online. Some food grade oils contain vitamin E as well, such as wheat germ oil, sunflower oil, and almond oil.
Test the oil on your skin before using.Some people are sensitive to vitamin E oil, so it is a good idea to test a little on your skin before using it on your hair. You can also develop a sensitivity to vitamin E oil over time, so pay attention to how the skin on your scalp looks and feels after a few days of using vitamin E oil.
- To test the oil, apply 1-2 drops to the inside of your wrist and then massage it in. Wait 24 hours and then check your wrist to see how it looks. If there is any redness, dryness, itching or swelling, do not use the oil. If the area looks and feels normal, then you can use the oil.
Use a small amount.Oil goes a long way, so it is not necessary to use much. Start with a quarter sized amount and then add a little more if necessary. You may need more or less depending on the length and thickness of your hair.
Consider taking a vitamin E supplement to promote hair growth.Vitamin E has been shown to be effective at promoting hair growth when taken as an oral supplement. Try taking two 50 mg capsules of vitamin E oil daily after eating a meal.For example, you could take one capsule after breakfast and the other one after dinner.
- As with any supplement, make sure that you check with your doctor first.
- Incorporate additional natural sources of vitamin E into your diet, too. Try nuts, seeds, green leafy vegetables, and plant oils, especially wheat germ and sunflower seed oil.
Consider adding vitamin C.Vitamins E and C go well together because, in tandem, they are more effective at protecting hair and skin from damaging ultraviolet radiation. If you're taking topical vitamin E, you should take topical vitamin C. Similarly, if you take oral vitamin E, you should take oral vitamin C. These two will be more effective than either on their own.
Conditioning Your Hair with Vitamin E Oil
Apply vitamin E oil like conditioner.You can use Vitamin E oil in place of your daily conditioner to keep your hair soft and manageable. Shampoo your hair and rinse well, then wring out the excess water from your hair. Then, pour a quarter sized amount of Vitamin E oil into the palm of your hand. The oil is typically thick and greasy.
- Instead of using it as conditioner, you can also apply it at night instead of a night cream or moisturizer.
Use your fingertips to massage the oil into your scalp.You can apply the oil directly to your scalp and begin working it into the roots of your hair with your fingertips. Use gentle circular motions to work the vitamin E oil into your scalp.
- Vitamin E can be absorbed through your skin and it may even be a more effective means of delivering the vitamin into your cells.
Wrap your head in a warm, moist cotton towel.If you want to give yourself a deep conditioning treatment, then you can wrap a warm moist, cotton towel around your head and leave it on for up to an hour.The heat will help to increase the absorption of vitamin E into your hair and scalp.
- To make a towel warm and moist, fill your sink or a large bowl with hot water and dip the towel into it. Then wring out the excess water and wrap the towel around your head.
Rinse out the vitamin E oil.When you are ready, remove the towel from your head (if using). Then, rinse the vitamin E oil out of your hair with warm water. Dry your hair and style as usual.
Treat split ends with vitamin E oil.You can also use vitamin E oil as a spot treatment for split ends. To use vitamin E oil to repair split ends, pour out a quarter sized amount of vitamin E oil into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together then take the ends of your hair between your hands, working the vitamin E oil into the ends. Leave the oil on your hair and style as usual.
- You can use this treatment on wet or dry hair.
- Vitamin E is a potent moisturizer that may help bind water to skin.For this reason, it may help to repair split ends. If vitamin E does not seem to help, then getting a trim is a good way to reduce split ends.
QuestionIs this helpful to prevent hair loss problems?HasnaCommunity AnswerYes, this and biotin are the most helpful things for hair loss. Just do not over-apply.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use vitamin E oil mixed with coconut oil overnight on my scalp?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, this should be fine for your hair and scalp.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use vitamin E for the hair on my skin?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, and it is beneficial for your skin. You can use vitamin E oil on your face, but only if you do not have oily skin. Vitamin E oil can be used to moisturize your skin while it helps plump out small wrinkles, such as crow's feet or lines around the mouth. Mostly, it will soothe dry skin.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I treat split ends?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could always just get a small trim to get rid of the split ends, and then treat the hair with oil to prevent them from recurring.Thanks!
Does this work if I am bald? How long will it take?
Will vitamin E capsules help with beard and mustache hair growth?
Can I use it daily on hairs?
What are the side effects of using vitamin E on my scalp and hair?
Can you tell me if there are any side effects in mixing with a vitamin E capsule and coconut/castor oil for applying to hair?
Before you use vitamin E oil for your hair, buy a natural form of vitamin E online or from a health food store and test a little of it on your skin. When you’re sure you don’t have a sensitivity to the vitamin E oil, use it in place of your conditioner when your wash your hair. Just put a quarter-sized amount of it in your hand, and use your fingertips to massage the oil into your scalp. Then, rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water before you dry and style your hair as usual.
- If you have any skin condition, including eczema, psoriasis or acne, consult with your physician or dermatologist before using vitamin E.
- Keep in mind that oil can permanently stain your clothes, so be cautious when you are using vitamin E oil on dry hair. Make sure that you wipe off any excess oil to prevent it from dripping onto your clothes. You may also want to wrap a towel around your neck and shoulders to protect your clothes.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Italiano: , Español: , Русский: , Português: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Français: , Deutsch: , Nederlands: , 日本語: , العربية:
Video: i Apply Vitamin E oil on my Face & look what happened, crystal clear skin, spotless skin, Dark Spots
Matthew McConnaughey Just Made The Unlikeliest Suit Cool
15 Best Makeup Setting Sprays For 2019
Heres KFCs first commercial starring Liotta
The Best Foods for Your Skin
Dangerous Desserts: Is Chocolate Safe to Eat
Morgan McGlone Brings His Flavour To Harpoon Harrys Dining Room
26 Christmas Balls Decor Ideas For An Innovative Christmas
How to Write a Short Novel
How to Build a Relationship With a Dog
J.Crew Fall Denim Collection 2012
9 TV Sex Scenes That Would Never Work in Real Life
How To Cover Up Acne Scars With Makeup Video Tips