Kitchenasium's Irish Soda Bread Temp-tations Recipe Shamrock
Shamrock Soda Bread
Feb 12, 2015
Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to create a shamrock from traditional Irish quick bread dough.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 20
Total Time: 0 hours 50
1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. fine salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 c. golden raisins
1/2 c. currants
2 tsp. caraway seeds
1/2 c. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add butter and cut in, with two forks or a pastry blender, until well combined. Add raisins, currants, and caraway seeds and stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and sour cream. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and gather into a ball. Knead until smooth, 8 to 10 times. Pat to circle, 1 inch thick. Cut out 3 hearts using a 3 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter. Arrange in a clover shape on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut a strip of dough 1 inch wide by 3 1/2 inches long from scraps, and attach to clover to make a stem. Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water, and brush on top and edges of clover.
- Bake until golden brown, 26 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with softened butter.
Video: Irish Soda Bread Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 551
More:Kim’s First Post-Birth Paparazzi Shot
This Couple Honored the Officer Who Delivered Their Baby In The Most Beautiful Way
Save Money on Lawn Care
Healthy diet for healthy breastfeeding
How to Make Lebanese Lentil and Vegetable Soup
Kangna Birthday Fitness Tips Running In Hindi
Apple-Chocolate Chip Pancakes
6 Superfoods for a Healthy Prostate
Bursting the Energy Drink Bubble
Las Vegas shooting survivors were also at the Thousand Oaks shooting
Date: 04.12.2018, 17:31 / Views: 92584