Shepherds Pie - The Happy Pear - Vegetarian Dinner
Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 189 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 6 mg | Sodium: 473mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Dietary Fiber: 7g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 19 g | SmartPoints: 5 |
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce package) veggie soy crumbles (such as those from MorningStar Farms or Boca)
- 1/3 cup ketchup (recipe for Homemade Ketchup)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the cauliflower on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Roast for 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is tender, but not mushy.
- Transfer cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and add the yogurt and butter. Season with salt and pepper, and process until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the veggie crumbles and cook until browned. Add the onion, carrots, and peas and stir until well combined. Combine the veggie broth with the cornstarch and stir until dissolved. Add this and the ketchup to the veggie mixture and stir.
- Spread the vegetable mixture in a 8x8 casserole dish or divide into individual ramekins. Top with the pureed cauliflower and spread it on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until heated throughout. To brown the top, turn the broiler on high and broil until the top is browned to your liking. Alternatively, if you have a kitchen torch, you can use that to brown the top. Serve hot.
Video: Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 495
10 Amazing Ways To Gain Weight Naturally
Chic Shoe Buys: December 2009
How to Find the Perfect Mascara forYou
What Is The Puzzle of Pretty Boys in Hindi
13 Under-50 Beauty Gifts You Can Snag on AmazonPrime
Know Why Youre Craving Food
Gluten-Free Ramen Noodles With Sesame Garlic Greens Recipe
Saudi Arabia has recently changed its laws to allow women to earn drivers licenses
3 Cardio Workouts That Are Way More Interesting Than Running
Grunge Style Clothes-20 Outfit Ideas for Perfect Grunge Look
The Women Taking Over The World of Meat